I love a good cup of coffee! I got an early Christmas present today–a Keurig Single Cup Brewer. There are over 200 choices of brews, including many flavors of coffee, tea, and hot chocolate, all in cute little cups. No more Taster’s Choice instant coffee granules. I don’t know why I didn’t do this earlier!
There’s a whole Shopping Guide catalog of flavors, and the descriptions are almost as yummy as the coffee itself. My first experience today was “Donut Shop”–“a sweet, full-bodied, all-American classic,” as they describe it. It was ambrosial.
Here are some others I can’t wait to try:
- “Dark Magic”–“Spellbinding complexity. Deep, dark, and intense.”
- “Lake and Lodge”–“A warm, toasty blend with sweet, pungent aromatics.”
- “Rain Forest Nut”–“A subtly sweet delight with vanilla, caramel, cashew, and Brazil nuts.”
- “Irish Cream”–“Creamy, smooth and expressive, based on the traditional taste of Ireland’s finest liquor.”
- “Mandarin Orange Spice Tea”–“A medley of oranges.”
- “Green Mountain Hot Cocoa”–“A rich and creamy chocolaty delight.”
The booklet that came along with the brewer also teases with comments about “Did You Know?”:
“Adding milk to coffee became popular in the 1600s when a French physician recommended that cafe au lait be used for medicinal purposes.”
“Vanilla is the world’s most labor-intensive crop to grow and harvest.”
“The second emperor of China drank tea in 2737 B.C.”
Ahhhh, Keurig. Yummmm. It’s a whole new world.